Medeiros Travel Group is an Independent Affiliate of Travel by Divine, and a member of Signature Travel Network, we have a partnership that allows us a preferred relationship with leaders in the travel industry. Signature Travel Network comprises top-tier travel agencies that share one common objective: serve the personal needs of the discerning traveler.
By combining personal experience with professional connections to create a custom itinerary, we make sure that you are able to get the most out of your free time and enjoy a deeply satisfying, meaningful, and stress-free journey. There are some experiences that only a travel advisor can make happen, and we would love to work with you to make sure that your next trip is everything you want it to be.
Custom Travel Planning Fees
The process of researching and putting together a customized, bespoke proposal that matches your travel desires takes time. On average, we spend 25 hours working on a trip from initial discussion through your arrival back home.
The trip planning fee covers initial consultation and discussion of your trip dreams and expectations, time spent researching, developing, and revising a proposal to create the perfect customized itinerary, booking and managing all components, and support while traveling. The travel planning fee varies based on the length and complexity of the trip and starts at $500.
Fees are as follows:
- Starts at $500 for full trip planning, up to 7 days & up to 4 people. An additional $50/person/week thereafter.
- Proposal is for one overall trip proposal. Additional proposals for different destinations will be charged an additional planning fee of $200 per proposal.
Because it covers the initial consultation, research, and time spent on the proposal, this fee is non-refundable and will be charged regardless of whether a client books a trip with us. When, however, a client books a trip with us, this fee also covers management and travel support during the trip, and booking of the trip itself.
Hotel Only Bookings
We pride ourselves in our solid vendor relationships at 5-star, luxury hotels and resorts throughout the world. These unparalleled relationships allow us to offer exceptional value-added amenities and VIP experiences to your hotel stays.
Fees are as follows:
- $100 per trip if there is research involved in finding you the perfect property. This covers up to 5 hotels in one location.
Changes and Cancellations
We understand that your plans can change, however due to the work that is put upfront to secure reservations and VIP notice prior to your travels, we reserve the right to charge a $50 fee per change or cancellation. Change and Cancellation penalty is waived on the first three occurrences annually.
While Medeiros Travel Group is always willing to share guidance and opinion, each traveler has to make their own decision, whether to travel or not on any particular trip, based on their personal comfort level. Terms & Conditions apply to every trip, and it is important you are aware of these, as well as what penalties may come into play if you need to change or cancel arrangements. Review our Terms & Conditions.
Health and safety protocols are all the more important today than they used to be. It is important to have travel insurance. While this doesn’t cover all eventualities that may lead to cancelling a trip, travel insurance does provide significant added layers of protection should there be a need for it. Medeiros Travel Group will always offer you travel insurance. There are various options available that we can review with you.
Travel advisors are not licensed insurance agents. While we can present the benefits of travel insurance, for specific questions about coverage we are required to refer you to the supplier of coverage. Each year we have a number of clients that have the need to file travel insurance claims. While an extra cost, we hope you agree your investment in your vacation is too valuable to risk. If you do not accept it, you are waiving this important protection.
If you have questions about our procedures, please contact Medeiros Travel Group for clarification. Medeiros Travel Group is a Member of ASTA.(American Society of Travel Advisors)
Terms & Conditions
Your purchase of travel services constitutes a contractual arrangement between Medeiros Travel Group, yourself (“Client”) and the suppliers of services (“Suppliers”), and your acceptance of the terms and cancellation penalties. Travel Advisors may delay processing your request or payment until you confirm your acceptance of these terms. Travel During Covid-19: With each country’s regulations evolving and ever-changing, it is challenging to assure travelers when booking, what their travel experience will be like. At Medeiros Travel Group we are doing our best to stay informed and advise our clients accordingly. However, we are not responsible for local compliance. See specific country regulations.
1. Planning Fee– Trips we design and the arrangements we secure on your behalf are covered by the planning fee. This charge is non-refundable.
2. Invoice Verification – You are responsible for verifying your invoice is accurate and complete, including: the correct spelling of the names of all travelers (as shown on their passports or other document used for travel), all dates of travel, itineraries, cruise and/or accommodations, transfer services and sightseeing. Any inaccuracies must be advised to Medeiros Travel Group within three days of receipt, or Supplier-imposed change fees may occur.
3. Special Needs – Any disability or dietary requirements that may require special assistance or consideration must be advised in advance of booking.
4. Privacy & Confidentiality – We respect and protect your privacy. We do not share your data with any other party, except with Suppliers as needed to secure your reservations. Travel arrangements are kept confidential among those that need to know in working on your itinerary and securing your arrangements. Actual itineraries we plan are deemed our work product and not otherwise confidential. If you need us to avoid discussing arrangements with family or others, please inform your Travel Advisor.
5. Reservations, Deposits & Payments –Travel services are NOT confirmed until written confirmation for services is received, and/or payment or a credit card guarantee is provided to secure them. Use of a credit card requires your Credit Card Authorization. We strongly recommend booking early to secure reservations and using a credit card for your purchase, so that you can exercise your rights under the Fair Credit Billing Act if you do not receive the service you purchased or need to dispute a charge should a Supplier cease operation. Different deposit and payment requirements may apply to different components of your itinerary and advised to you by your Travel Advisor. If final payment is not received by the due date, Suppliers may cancel your reservations, and cancellation fees may apply.
6. Cancellations & Modifications – Cancellation requests must be sent to your Medeiros Travel Group Advisor in writing/e-mail. Airlines and other Suppliers have their own contracts covering their cancellation and change fees, which they may assess and which we will pass on to you. In some cases, Suppliers may not provide a refund. Once travel has commenced, any changes or cancellation is at your expense. Supplier penalties will be advised at time of booking. If you have any questions or penalties are unclear, please contact your Travel Advisor.
7. Travel Insurance– For your protection, we strongly recommend trip cancellation and travel accident insurance, along with “Cancellation for Any Reason,” (if available), to cover certain risk such as supplier bankruptcy/default, trip interruption, delays, lost luggage and the inability to travel due to a medical or personal emergency or change of plans. Medeiros Travel Group makes no binding assurance or promise about the insurance and travel protection payment is always non-refundable once purchased. Should you elect to purchase travel insurance, the terms of the policy will dictate whether, and to what extent, coverage for any financial loss may exist under the circumstances. Note: Some countries have been requiring visitors to have travel insurance. Your approval of these terms and conditions constitutes you have been advised of, and offered, travel insurance and unless purchased, that you have denied this coverage.
8. Proof of Identity – It is solely your responsibility to ensure all documents are accurate, and passports, visas, vaccination, or other entry requirements needed for specific countries are complete and current. The name, date of birth and gender that appears on your identification must match exactly the same data listed on your airline record and, if it is not, may result in denied boarding, undue delay, or missing a flight. For any flights within the U.S., a Real ID or a passport is required as identification. International Travel: For travel anywhere outside of the United States, U.S. citizens must have a passport valid for at least six months beyond the conclusion of your travel. (It is also recommended you have at least three blank pages in your passport while traveling.) International tickets cannot be issued until we receive a scanned copy of the name page of each passenger’s passport. As a precaution, we also recommend international travelers register on the U.S. Dept. of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program. Some countries require both parents’ consent for minors to travel. Some countries may deny entry to persons convicted of a crime (e.g., Mexico) or even a DUI or misdemeanor (e.g., Canada). Non-US citizens should consult their consulate. Some destinations also require US citizens to be in possession of a visa. You can also refer to CIBT for visa requirements and/or procure one, or to expedite passport services. (Please note some visas can take up to three months to secure.)
9. Pricing – Unless otherwise noted, all prices quoted by Medeiros Travel Group are in U.S. dollars, based on tariffs and current rates of exchange. According to industry standards, packaged pricing is not subject to an itemization of costs. If requested, Medeiros Travel Group will do its best to provide price breakdowns; however, based on their contractual arrangements, Suppliers will often not provide this, in which case we are unable to provide it to you. Prices may be subject to change in the event of significant currency fluctuation (+/- 3%), the introduction of new taxes, and/or fuel surcharges up until final payment is received. If mandated by the Supplier, you hereby consent to any such price increases and authorize your credit card or debit card to be used for them. Once final payment is received, all prices are guaranteed, with the exception being a government-imposed fee or tax.
10. Air Fares – The passenger ticket in use, when issued, shall constitute the sole contract between the airlines and purchaser. Air schedules are subject to change without notice. Medeiros Travel Group and/or our Suppliers are not responsible for airline cancellations, reschedules or delays. Airline fees may apply if you change or cancel once the ticket is issued. Your Travel Advisor or the carrier can advise specific penalties that apply. Airline tickets must be paid in order to be confirmed. Federal law prohibits the carriage of hazardous materials aboard aircraft on your person or in any baggage, checked or unchecked. For further information please visit: http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/prohibited-items and http://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/hazmat_safety. As regards insecticide spraying on flights, Federal law requires we refer you to https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer/spray.
11. Accommodations –Pricing for accommodations is always based on double occupancy, unless otherwise advised or requested. Bedding configuration is usually “on request” and not guaranteed, unless otherwise confirmed by your Travel Advisor. Rooms are generally not available for check-in until the afternoon of arrival, and check-out is generally by noon, unless otherwise requested and confirmed. Accommodations are usually confirmed on a guaranteed payment basis. Inquire about cancellation/change fees before you commit. Policies vary. ”No shows” may result in being charged one night’s lodging. We do our best to recommend hotels that provide appropriate service within their category, based on your budget and requirements. No one can vouch for every room in every hotel. If you are checked into a room that is not acceptable to you, we encourage you to speak to the front desk or hotel management to request a room change or reach out to the Supplier contact or your Travel Advisor for assistance. We will do everything possible to address the situation. If the only acceptable solution is to upgrade to a higher category or change hotels at a higher cost, the cost difference may be at your expense.
12. Private Transfers – If we have arranged private transfers, pricing and service is based on one standard piece of luggage + one personal carry-on, per person. If you feel you will be traveling with excess or oversize luggage, we can arrange for a larger vehicle.
13. Baggage – Size and weight limitations for luggage vary among airlines, and fees may be imposed by airlines. Travelers can ask their Travel Advisor for guidance, check the airline’s website, or check here. Porterage at hotels may or may not be included on tour. At airports and train stations it is not included unless otherwise secured.
14. Credit Card Usage –Your authorization is a binding agreement for us to charge your account, and you waive any right to a chargeback in the case of cancellation for any cause (excepting fraud), including a force majeure event, and agree to refund policies and procedures as outlined in Supplier’s and/or Agency’s terms and conditions. In the event a Client attempts to chargeback, reverse or recollect a trip payment already made without our authorization, we reserve the right to collect additional costs, fees, and expenses associated with such chargeback, reversal, or recollection, including, without limitation, attorney fees. In the rare occurrence, we are the credit card merchant, our role is to facilitate the sale, collect funds on your behalf, and remit those funds to the Suppliers. If we have paid Suppliers who do not provide the services, your recourse would be against the Suppliers, and you agree not to initiate a chargeback against Medeiros Travel Group.
15. Our Responsibility – Medeiros Travel Group acts solely as your agent in securing arrangements you have requested for any airline, hotel, tour operator, cruise line, or any other service provider named in your itinerary or confirmation and is not the source or Supplier of such services. The partial or full payment for a reservation shall constitute consent to the use of those Suppliers and agreement to neither hold Medeiros Travel Group, its agents, and affiliates, liable for any injury, damage or loss on account of any conditions, actions or omissions that are beyond its reasonable control, or any acts of God, unsafe conditions, terrorism, health hazards including pandemics, illness, weather hazards, or the suitability of a disabled person of any portion of the trip. For information related to such dangers refer to the State Department travel website and/or the Center for Disease Control website. We are not responsible for the acts or omissions of Suppliers, or their failure to adhere to their own schedules, provide services or refunds, financial default, force majeure, or failure to honor future trip credits. We are neither responsible for monies not in our possession nor have special knowledge regarding the financial condition of Suppliers.
Travel Disruption Waiver & Covid-19: You also acknowledge that for this reason, and other reasons not reasonably foreseeable at this time, travel plans may be interrupted or canceled by the Supplier that is providing them, a government entity or other third party over which Medeiros Travel Group has no control. By signing below, you hereby agree to hold Agency harmless and release it, its agents, employees, officers, directors, associates, affiliated companies, guides, group leaders and subcontractors, from any and all liability for any damages, including but not limited to monetary losses, you may incur as a result of such interruption or cancellation of these travel plans. If travel arrangements you’ve made with Medeiros Travel Group are canceled or postponed by Supplier due to a pandemic or any other reason, we will try to assist you with refunds or alternate arrangements to the best of our ability.